AUTHOR: Alisha TITLE: Non-wearable Gifting DATE: 12/20/2005 05:06:00 PM ----- BODY:
So, you don’t make wearable artwork, eh? (You wouldn’t believe the amount of email I received on this. It’s heartening and also a good kick in the seat of my pants-style reminder that blog readers are not a one-size-fits all group.) Below are two scans of my friend Julia Sokol’s fabulous trade show gifties… I won’t give away Julia’s secrets to how she made them, but they are affordable and attractive wearable versions of her larger wall clocks and handpainted art. She brings them to shows to give to people who buy her work, admire her work, or otherwise support her. I know I proudly wear mine. If you are a painter, photographer, sculptor, or otherwise non-wearable artist or craftsperson, think outside the box. There is a way to promote your work in a simple, inexpensive gift that others will wear or otherwise display. Let me know what clever ideas you come up with! (Hint: You can email me OR, better yet, you can post in the public comment area just below the end of this post... this way everyone can gain from you idea, insight, or inspiration!)
----- --------