AUTHOR: Alisha TITLE: An Unlikely Arts Ambassador DATE: 9/22/2005 05:00:00 PM ----- BODY:
Yes, it's true! Even sock monkeys can be champions for the arts!! There I was last weekend, at Tamarack in Beckley, West Virginia. The students were wide eyed. The weather was beyond gorgeous. The food was fantastic. And, then there was the sock monkey that accosted me in the hallway... telling me all about art and craft traditions in West Virginia and just how many living artists there are that truly need support and mentoring. Thank goodness we were in town to deliver just that with the Arts Business Institute. Thanks, Artie, for bringing this important issue to my attention. I was happy to be in town to help. However, it made me even happier to hear about Tamarack's partnership with organizations in the local area to develop a resource center for working artists and creative small business owners!
----- --------