AUTHOR: Alisha TITLE: Getting and Giving DATE: 8/23/2005 06:11:00 PM ----- BODY:
I believe that we arrive at destinations in life thanks to many people along the way – some who help us directly, some who aide us by hurting us and unintentionally teaching us lessons about ourselves, and others who just pass by us like strangers in an airport. This past week I have had the rare opportunity to slow my life down and step back a bit. And right there along side me were several key people who, through the openness of their hearts and homes, made it possible for me to take the journey I had to take. I needed to reacquaint myself with myself. Sometimes these simple acts feel so big. Generosity IS big. And it shouldn’t be taken lightly. So, on my way to the airport I just let that emotion take me over. Generosity, it turns out, is the rocket fuel that allows us to tap into our dreams, renew our energy, and see parts of ourselves we might have long forgotten as the day-to-day takes over. Surround yourself with people who can give you that gift. And, hopefully, you will feel inspired to give that gift back to others. Be generous today, tomorrow, and always.
----- --------