AUTHOR: Alisha TITLE: Much to Show and Tell DATE: 10/26/2004 08:47:00 PM ----- BODY:
When I was in grade school, I remember one day gingerly placing my brother’s hermit crab into a Pringles can and, ever so carefully, carrying it down the street to school. It was 'show and tell' day. Today I get the same jittery excitement when I stand at the front of a room and 'show and tell' with artists -- sharing new ways to promote their work, great shows to visit, or what trends are really hot in the arts marketplace. Over the past three weeks there has been an interruption in my posting here. I assure you I have been busy. Mostly I have been traveling with the Arts Business Institute (see earlier posts regarding this) or, once back in town, preparing for my next trip out. ...Lots of travel so I could 'show and tell', you might say. In the coming weeks I will reference work I saw in my travels, artists I met and how they are toughing it out to build their own creative career path, and, of course, what I have learned along the way these last few weeks. Watch out… I have a lot to tell!
----- --------