AUTHOR: Alisha TITLE: Fate is an Interesting Circle DATE: 9/23/2004 10:46:00 PM ----- BODY:
I went about my evening making dinner, eating, paying some bills, a load of laundry... and then it hit me. I had to log on to share my latest news. Just one day ago I wrote about my experience walking a craft show filled with booths of Native American artwork, manned by artists with erratic pricing and little success to show for their dedication to their craft. Then, today, a light at the end of my one-day-old tunnel. Marilyn Ulen, executive director of the Arts Business Institute (ABI), called this afternoon with a proposal. She invited me to speak to tribal artists on a reservation in Arizona! Is this kismet, fate, coincidence? Who knows. But I remind you to visit the Arts Business Institute web site NOW to learn more about ABI programming, make contact with Marilyn, or find an Institute traveling to your area. ABI is now permanently linked on the right-hand panel of this blog so that you have no excuse to forget and place the business side of your art/craft on the back shelf. I also remind you to follow what you are passionate about. It will lead you in interesting directions that, without clear explanation, are quite simply meant to be. I go to sleep tonight with hope in my mind and another puzzle piece in place.
----- COMMENT: AUTHOR:Blogger Giao DATE:9/27/2004 06:24:00 AM Alisha, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving notes on similar musical dabblings (could be the midwestern upbringing that's the common denominator)! Your blog is great; definitely lessons I've been learning in recent days. Best!!


GnomeG http://www.xanga.com/gnomeg ----- --------